We received this great list by email, but there was no source listed so we are not able to give credit to anyone for it. Here’s our “thank you” to whoever out there came up with this totally bodacious 80s list.
1. You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE (or PSYCH)
2. You watched the Pound Puppies
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
5. You owned those lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls
6. Two words: Hammer Pants
7. If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock”
8. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars… and spokey-dokes or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
9. Your grandma was addicted to TAB cola
10. You owned both Underoos and Garanimals!
11. You can sing the entire theme song to “Duck Tales” (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head
14. You know all the turtles’ names from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side
17. You played the game “MASH” (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it
19. L.A. Gear… need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to “JEM” in Kindergarten. (She’s Truly Outrageous.)
21. You remember reading Tales of a fourth Grade Nothing and all The Ramona books
23. You wanted to be a Goonie
24. You ever wore fluorescent neon clothing (some of us…head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf
27. You took lunch boxes to school…and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets
29. You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
36. You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You’ve gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples
43. Don’t worry, be happy
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do..getting yelled at by younger hip members of the family)
46. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
48. You know what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare!!”
49. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi – > YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
55. You just sang those words to yourself
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird
57. Homemade Levi shorts… (the shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet!
60. You still sing “We are the World”
61. You tight rolled (pegged) your jeans
62. You owned a banana clip
63. You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
64. You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ ’bout Willis?
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it
66. You’re still singing “Shot Through the Heart” in your head, aren’t you!