Robin Williams is an icon. He has been in so many of the wonderful movies that defined our childhoods. Whether he was playing Peter Pan, a magical genie, or a wonderful nanny, he was absolutely perfect.
Williams passed away in 2014 and left us all a little bit devastated. But luckily, we have his entire body of work to look back on to remember him for the enigma that he was. His life was an interesting adventure, and it’s time you got to know more about the man who was such a big part of your life.
Here are 11 interesting facts about Robin Williams.
1. He was voted “Least Likely To Succeed” in his San Francisco High School
2 The first impression he ever did was of his grandmother when he was a child
3. Apparently, he was very shy until he joined the drama department
4. He was obsessed with Monty Python’s Flying Circus and said that he learned all about comedic timing from that show
5. He used to perform as a mime outside of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and in Central Park in New York City
6. His improvisation skills were already so good in the show Mork & Mindy that the writers would leave gaps in the screenplay for him to ad-lib his own jokes
There are even more fascinating facts you didn’t know about Robin Williams. Click to the next page to learn how he got his breakout role on Mork & Mindy!